Tuesday 29 July 2014

DESIGNER SHOES - COMFORT AND THE CRIPPLE

Today (29th July, 2014) like every Tuesday, students of Condé Nast's Greek Street-based fashion college hold a LIVE Twitter debate which brings up various topics within the fashion industry, helping peoples voices be heard. Todays topic is from a comment made by Christian Louboutin who previously said he "didn't think about comfort when it came to designing shoes", is this okay?

I myself have never bought a pair of designer shoes, maybe it's because I'd like to know I've earned them instead of breaking into my student loan or maybe because one's I have tried on have been incredibly uncomfortable. I am all about the practicality of a shoe and prefer to invest in a pair of heels/shoes that will last and are comfy although some women are not like that, not that there is anything wrong with this. They prefer to say they have the shoes rather than miss out on something that everyone else has or seems to be getting. There are countless times have a I entered bars and seen girls in their new Red, Black or Nude high heeled Louboutin's (popular last A/W 13) which at first I do think "WOW! I do wish I had some of those". It's only when I see them rubbing their feet at the end of the evening of the same pair of shoes tucked under their arms as they tip toe home am I glad I haven't spent my savings on a pair of these. BUT, not all designer shoes are like this and I cannot wipe out all designer shoes based on my own thoughts. 

What I'm interested to know is, are they worth the investment? Are all designer shoes like this and if not, what are they?

If you would like to join in the debate or see other people's views this afternoon the LIVE debate starts at 1pm and will finish as 2pm.

To see this follow #cncollege and join in on the debate! 




No comments:

Post a Comment